Sunday, December 9, 2012

Liebster Award

  I'd like to thank the lovely Elle at Lipstick & Lace for nomintating me for this award.  Please go check out her blog!

The rules of the Liebster award are:
*This award is for bloggers with less than 300 followers
*The nominees must link back to the blogger who award them
*If you are nomintaed write "11 Random Facts" about yourself and answer the 11 questions the aware wrote for you
*Make up 11 questions to be answered and nominate 11 other bloggers



11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I don't drive or have my driver's license
2. I'm very messy and I live with my neat-freak boyfriend
3. I have one younger sister and she is 6 inches taller than me (lucky girl!)
4. I've been with my boyfriend Jacob for 5 years this upcoming January
5. A famous muscian lives on the top floor of my house
6. My parents are divorced and remarried so I have 4 parents
7. I've worked part time as a medical secretary for over 7 years 
8. I have dual Canadian and British citizenship/nationality
9. I have a B.A. in History
10. I'm obsessed with old movies
11. I'm a huge music fan and love going to concerts and always have my ear phones in when I'm walking

My 11 Questions from Elle:
1. What inspired you to start blogging? I have been reading beauty blogs for years and really love beauty and fashion.  It's something I've wanted to do for awhile and finally started because I hope that it'll give me the courage to pursue a career in the beauty field.
 2. What motivates you to continue blogging? My stepdad! It sounds weird but when I told him I was going to start a blog  he told me he expects to see me make something of it.  I also want to make new friends who are obsessed with makeup as much as I am.
3. What other hobbies do you have besides blogging? Watching movies, reading, spending time with my family, going out with my boyfriend and or friends.
4. What is the concept of your blog? It's mainly reviews of products I've used or bits on shopping. I have an obsession with hard to find products so it's mainly stuff like that.
5. What is your dream job? Makeup artist.  I've considered it but the courses are too expensive.
6. What's your favorite clothing store? Topshop!
7. What's your favorite makeup brand? MAC
8. What's your favorite color? Plum
9. What's your favorite number? 8 because my birthday has a lot of them (08/28/86)
10. PC or Mac? PC! I'm old and don't have the patience to learn a new operating system lol. I do have an iPhone and an iPad though.
11. What is on the top of your wish list right now? Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart
 
I nominate the following 11 bloggers.  Please check out their blogs!
Fatin Oh My Gosh Make-Up 
Helen Beauty Delights 
Jasmine Green Eyed Monster!
Jo Sherrell Beauty
Kimberley Kimberley's Blog
Miss Dalisay Beauty Rehab 
Nat gl0ssy 
Sabina Beauty Blogs and More.. 
Sarah M. SareBerry 
Vicky Beauty Blogging Brunette 
Yazmine mirror mirror.. 
 
My questions:
1. If you could only own 5 beauty products what would they be?
2.  Do you have any pets?
3. What was the first beauty brand you ever bought anything from?
4. What is your favourite perfume?
5. Do you have another blog/website and if so what is the link?
6. What is your favourite food to make?
7. Do your close friends and relatives know about your blog?
8. What are your favourite bands or singers?
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world for a vacation where would you go?
10. What is one store or item you wish you had where you lived but don't?
11. How do you discover new blogs to follow?

12 comments:

  1. Ahh, I was just casually browsing my Blogger feed, clicked on this post and my name and blog were up there!! Thank you so much and congrats on your nomination :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness thank you so much for the nomination & congratulations on yours! I know I love reading your blog so its such an honor - and reading random facts about people is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jasmine! I really enjoy your blog too and hope everyone who reads this clicks on your link. And thank you, that's such a sweet thing for you to say.

      Delete
  3. Aw what a lovely surprise! I was just going through my reading list when I clicked and saw this. I'll definitely check out the other bloggers tagged and here's my post if you'd like a read: http://beautybloggingbrunette.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-blog-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for filling it out. I'm nosey and love learning new facts about other people :)

      Delete
  4. Im 27 and I dont drive or have a license either. Thought I was the only one lol. Found you on the blog hop...Now following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're the only 2 lol! People are always boggled as to how I get around. Thank you, I'm following you back :)

      Delete
  5. oooooo thanks for the nomination! i hope i will get around to it soon!
    haha the first question is hard :)
    that's awesome that your stepdad motivates you to blog! my dad doesn't know his way around a computer, let alone, a blog. :)
    and yes PC!!! my boyfriend has a Mac and it annoys me when i use it - so backwards and so complicated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sorry for making a hard question. It was hard to come up with them. My stepdad has no clue how to use the computer too he just thought it was a good idea. Macs are so annoying aren't they? My sister has a macbook and it drives me nuts.

      Delete
  6. Really nice post!

    Thanks you SOOO much for the nomination,it really means a lot! Sorry for the late reply, I've o ly just seen it!

    Congrats on your nomination too!

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, I know it's hard to see these things if you follow a lot of blogs :) Thanks!

      Delete