Friday, January 18, 2013

Best of The Drugstore

  I know I feature a lot of high end makeup or makeup that is available online only but there are a lot of affordable products from the drugstore that I do love and do recommend. I don't own all of these products anymore but they're all things I've used and re-purchased.


1. Maybelline Define-A-Brow: I've recently discovered this brow pencil and I love it.  It comes in a variety of shades for every hair colour and is dirt cheap.
2. Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Eyeliner: When I can't afford MAC Fluidline I buy this liquid eyeliner.  It's very long lasting and the cheapest available at the drugstore.
3. Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow: I love these cream eyeshadows.  They just need to be applied with a finger saving you money if you don't want to go out and buy eye shadow brushes.
4. Essence Clear Mascara: At $3.99 this is the cheapest clear mascara available.  It keeps brows in place all day.
5. L'Oreal Voluminous: I love all L'Oreal mascaras but this one is the best.  It lengthens and thickens without the irritation that most cheap mascaras cause my sensitive eyes.
1. Annabelle Zebra Bronzer: Although this is too shimmery to be used as a contour this is a very pretty bronzer that makes skin glow really nicely.
2. Rimmel Blush: These are very cheap and come in a variety of pretty colours.  My favourite shade is "Pink Sugar" which is a dupe for Benefit's Coralista.
3. Rimmel Stay Matte: This powder is pretty popular online right now but I used this powder for about 10 years.  It works really well at absorbing oil and comes in a translucent shade to suit most skin tones.
4. Cover Girl Eyeshadow in Champagne: Yes this is an eyeshadow but I used to use this as a cheek highlighter.  Highlighters are hard to find at Canadian drugstores so this is a cheaper option than something from MAC or Sephora.
5. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer: My favourite concealer.  Very brightening and I barely feel it on my skin.
6. Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation: A bit pricey for a drugstore foundation but I love Bourjois foundations more than any other brand I've tried.

1. Rimmel Stronger Base Coat: A dirt cheap base coat that dries really quickly and protects nails from staining.
2. Essence Nail Colour: These are under $2, come in lots of colours, and last pretty long without chipping.
3. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat:  Dries nails very quickly and protects from chipping.
4. Revlon Lip Butter: A sheer moisturising lip colour that comes in many shades.
5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick: My favourite drugstore line of lipsticks.  Comes in everything from natural nudes, to reds, and dark purples.

38 comments:

  1. Ooo you've just reminded me I need some more insta-dri, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works for well for something so cheap doesn't it?

      Delete
  2. I have the Essence Clear Mascara its so good I use it for brows too! although some1 said recently that they use it underneath their mascara and it makes there lashes look amazing like a lash primer!
    :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the tip! Essence seems like such a great brand I need to try more.

      Delete
    2. Yer they do some really good stuff! I love their nail polishes and there everywhere in Ireland which is one of the only brands we have lol! :) x

      Delete
    3. I feel your pain haha. We're just starting to get more brands here.

      Delete
  3. Great post Christine, I'm going to try some of these products out that I haven't already. I'm running very low on Coralista so that Rimmel blush sounds like a good alternative :) I used to love voluminous mascara but you kind of forget when something new comes along! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to own both at the same time and the Rimmel blush is a spot on dupe, just less shimmery.

      Delete
  4. I love every product you've chosen! Especially revlon lip products! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with Revlon lip products. I'm going to buy them from now on instead of MAC :)

      Delete
  5. love the sally hansen top coat and i've been using stay matte for years too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few products from every category you showed - I wish we could get Bourjois here. They used to sell it at Sephora years ago. I love Voluminous, it's just a good staple mascara. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when they had Bourjois at Sephora too, I was so sad when they got pulled. It doesn't make sense why it's sold in Canada and not the US.

      Delete
  7. Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Eyeliner is the always repurchase product. I couldnt find any thing like it it has a great price and quality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I keep purchasing higher end ones expecting them to be better but nothing compares.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for this post! I will always vouch for Revlon lip products and Rimmel face products! Definitely amazing!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can always turn to Rimmel and Revlon if I'm broke. I can't believe Rimmel is so great for their prices.

      Delete
  9. I haven't tried majority of these, but I have to say the Stay matte is one of my favourite products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go through Stay Matte like crazy, it's so good.

      Delete
  10. This post is amazing dear! I haven't tried teh majority of these products, but I have to agree on the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow and the Revlon Lip Butters!! They are such great stuff! :))

    XO,
    http://rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want all the Color Tattoo shadows and lip butters basically! The drugstore's getting so much better lately.

      Delete
  11. You have such good suggestions in here! The Essence clear mascara is going on my list as well as the Rimmel eyeliner. I agree that the Essence nail polishes are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've loved the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara for years xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so old school but there's a reason it's been around forever :)

      Delete
  13. Great products!I love the revlon lip butter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't think I've met anyone who disliked them :)

      Delete
  14. Great selection of products! Just started following your blog - looking forward to reading more posts :)

    Http://saharalou.blogspot.com

    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of these products, especially the lip butters!

    www.fashionsontop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rimmel Stay Matte powder is amazing, I love it!

    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice post! love the rimmel powder and maybelline tattoos such great products!

    xx

    ReplyDelete