Saturday, April 20, 2013

Gucci Flora Eau de Parfum





  Like many other women, I love a nice high end perfume.  What I especially love about perfume is that it can make someone remember you.  Whenever I get a whiff of a perfume that is worn by my sister, aunts, mother, step mother I instantly remember them.  I have an insanely good long term memory and smelling a perfume that I wore in the past can bring me back to the period of time I wore it.

  The reason I was attracted to this perfume was that it's not like anything I've ever used before.  I've always worn sweet or woodsy perfumes, nothing light and floral.  I'm not usually a fan of floral scents on my skin but this one is special.  I'm awful at describing scents but it starts off smelling floraly but has other layers that I can smell later on in the day which are much deeper.  Flora is more grown up than perfumes I've used in the past yet it's still "young".  I think it's the perfect scent for ladies in their mid-20s to mid 30s.

  This is the description from Sephora which describes it better than I can and gives you a little history behind Flora:
Experience this more concentrated and captivating formulation of Gucci Flora—a subtle, sophisticated, floral fragrance inspired by princesses from the past, present, and future. The Flora Donna is a young, classic, and refined woman with the 'Gucci edge' of power and sensuality. She is elegant, natural, and spontaneous. The first Flora scarf was exclusively designed for Princess Grace of Monaco in 1966 and soon became one of the most popular Gucci icons. This scent is an expression of the Flora legacy. Its seductive layers mirror the playful details and bright colors that channel the heart of a fashion empire.

Notes:
Citrus Accord, Peony, Rose, Osmanthus Flower, Pink Pepper, Sandalwood.   

  The quality of this perfume is amazing as I only need to spray it once in the morning and it lasts all day.  I received a lot of compliments on it and my boyfriend loves it.  Not saying that you should smell nice for a man but to me his opinion matters.
Availability: Sephora, department stores (this is also available in an affordable rollerball).

P.S.: I apologize if I'm a bit absent from Blogger this weekend.  I'm spending the weekend with my cousins so I won't be on the computer much.  I'll try my best to reply to comments and comment on other blogs by Monday.



19 comments:

  1. Hey flower - I love this perfume, it's so perfect for Spring and Summer. Love your little description of it too. I find it hard describing them too!

    Lots of love, have a fab weekend ✿
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so nice!? Thank you :) I hope you had a nice weekend too.

      Delete
  2. The packaging of this is stunning! I will be sure to have a look out for it when I am at the shops again.
    I just received DKNY Fresh Blossom so I am not buying perfume anytime soon :)

    http://ohjustonemore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard that one, I should go test it out :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, I must smell this the next time I pass by the perfume counters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That packaging is beautiful - I'll have to give this a whiff next time I see it!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this sounds really interesting! I'm not one to go for primarly floral scents (I typically like more spicy, oriental frangrances), but when you find the right concotion of florals, it can definitely work! Glad you're loving this- will have to check it out :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like that too which is why I was surprised (and glad) I liked this.

      Delete
  6. This is on my list! I have the Glamorous Magnolia and love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bottle is gorgeous. I have peculiar taste when it comes to perfumes. I like sensual scents. Something that makes me feel feminine and sexy...Floral, with a hint of fruity and spicy notes. Don't know how else to describe that, lol, but I found that Very Irresistible by Givenchy was exactly what I wanted in a perfume. I get a lot of compliment when I wear it. I agree with you that we remember a person by their scents, which is why I usually wear the same perfume for a long time, it's like my signature scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used up a few samples of Very Irresistible and got so many compliments on it too! Yeah, I like to stick to the same scent or similar ones in order to have a signature scent.

      Delete
  8. that's amazing at how good it wears for so long - i always have to give myself another spray through the day! i haven't smelt this one but definitely going to give it a sniff, super classy bottle as well!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate having to carry perfume around (I've had a bottle leak before and it sucked) so this stuff is amazing. I feel like you get more bang for your buck that way.

      Delete