Saturday, June 29, 2013

Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream


  I get told a lot that I look really young which is annoying when you're a young adult wanting to be taken seriously (I'm sorry I always complain about this haha).  However, I wouldn't mind looking 40 when I'm 50 so I'm on the lookout now for the best anti-aging products.  I'm always subconciously squinting and rubbing my eyes so I know for a fact that when my skin starts to wrinkle it will be my under eye area that will be hit first.  As someone with dry skin I wanted an intense eye cream to wear over night so I did some research on what was the "best" out there.  I found rave reviews for this particular eye cream and picked up a free sample from Sephora way back in March.  Shiseido's Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream is quite a mouthfull but does this cream live up to it's fancy name?

  Shiseido is a brand that I have had great experiences with in the past.  The 141 year old Japanese brand makes quality beauty and skin care products suitable for sensitive skin.  I used Shishedo's Eye Contour Cream every night for two months which shows you how long a free sample can last.  I felt and saw immediate results with this cream as my formerly dry and itchy under eye area was soothed and brightened.  The formula is a bit too thick and wet to be used under makeup but this eye cream is strong enough to provide results if only used at night.  I found that I needed less concealer and my undereye area was super smooth.

  When I finished up my sample I decided I couldn't fork over a whopping $65 for an eye cream so I did without it for a couple of weeks.  I noticed my undereye area went back to being dry and my under eye circles became more intense.  As luck would have it I spotted this while shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart, and it was on sale for $43!  If I didn't know how great this cream was I'd say that's a stupidly high price for an eye cream but I just had to grab it.  Considering my little free sample from Sephora lasted two months I'm sure this will last well over a year.

Availability: The Bay, Sears, Sephora $65


16 comments:

  1. You only get one face! And the eye area if dry, DOES tend to wrinkle first! So I think you made a great investment! Even at full price, its only $5 a month, I know it takes me at least 8 months to get thru a .50 oz jar, if not longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiseido is my FAVORITE makeup brand right now! The foundations fit me spot on, and their products are made very well. After trying out a few things from there, there has only been one product to disappoint me, their makeup removing oil. Their samples are probably some of the best out their! I agree with you that they last forever! I have only tried their skin care products so far (foundation, pressed powder, softener, etc,) so are there any other Shiseido products that you really like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their foundations! When I had really bad acne their foundations were the only ones that would cover my skin without irritating it or making it worse.

      Delete
  3. I've had good experience with Shiseido skincare as well. I know the price is intimidating but if you can make it last a year, I think it's totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy how samples suck you in... I got a sample from Ulta for a night cream from Murad that lasted me about 3 months. I fell in LOVE with it and ended up buying the full size for a whopping $75. It sounds insane but when you use it and then go without you realize that it might be worth the hefty price. Anyway, great review and now I'm tempted to give this one a try!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why more brands should give away free samples! I've been sucked in so many times and especially for products I'd never think of buying otherwise.

      Delete
  5. my mom go through these like crazy, she is like the no.1 shiseido fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like something I need! I've never tried anything from Shiseido xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love their products, but your right, it's absolutley ridiculous prices! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think i might need this in my life! Definitely really high priced but i always think skincare is just one of those things that sometimes u need to spend more on! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just from using the sample from Sephora I love this stuff! But I must add that the sales person threw in a sample for conditioner into my bag as well (in the same plain container as the Shiseido sample) so I was actually using conditioner under my eyes for two days hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need to get you another sample in two months time so you don't need to buy it! Lol well I'm sure conditioner would be just as moisturising!

      Delete
  10. Anti-aging products for skin care area unit ever ever-changing with increasing studies and new bio-technologies. Here's a quick review of new--and some continuing--highly effective Anti Wrinkle

    ReplyDelete